Your digital library
The library website contains unique content about Christchurch and Canterbury. This page offers a brief guide to our online offerings.
You can use the main headings on our homepage to browse your way around the site, or use the search box at the top of the page.
- Read our latest Edition
- Catch this month’s theme
- Subscribe to our regular email newsletters
- Browse our RSS feeds
- Read our monthly New titles
Content on our website includes:
- Ballantynes’ Fire
- Parker–Hulme murder case
- The Burke manuscript
- Tī Kōuka Whenua Māori history in Ōtautahi
- Christchurch people and places
- Early Christchurch images
- Christchurch street and place names
- Historical maps
- Christchurch rock music posters from the 1980s
Discover more digitised resources.
- Use our Internet Gateway listings
- Visit The Source and use premium websites available to library members
You can make booklists, rate books, write reviews, and share your opinions on our social catalogue.
Our websites and social media
- The Pulse for teens
- CINCH community directory for greater Christchurch
- Christchurch kids blog for 8 to 12–year–olds
- Flickr photostream
For more help, contact our helpful librarians.